1. How to place order
Feel free to place your order online. First you need to register. Add the item to cart and check out. Fill in your billing address, shipping address and payment information, then review the order. After submitting successfully, you will find the order number on the page.
2. Do I have to register for placing an order?
Yes. Registration is required when placing an order.
3. Can I place the order on the phone?
We encourage our customers place the order online directly. It is very fast and convenience. Placing the order on the phone may cost you 20mins to 30mins since we need times to confirm all the information. If you have any additional request to the order, please leave your note in the comment box after checkout.
4. Why do I need to provide my e-mail address and phone number?
We will send your order confirmation and any updates in e-mail. And the shipping companies require a phone number in case there is a problem delivering your order. We will not under any circumstances sell or release your information to anyone without your consent.
5. Do you accept orders outside of the US?
Yes. We accept orders internationally.
6. Does your shipping fee include all taxes, duties and brokerage fee if my shipping address is outside of the US?
Almost all international shipments of merchandise are subject to import taxes. Many types of merchandise are subject to Customs Duty as well. Some countries require an "import license" or permit for all imported goods. Your Post Office should be able to tell you what fees and charges will be applicable when items arrive your delivery address. Any fee associated with customs, duties, tariff, or brokerage, if demanded by any carrier, during the course of import entry into the destination country is to be paid by the recipient of goods but not the shipper.
Please note that Opentip.com is not responsible for any taxes, duties or fees including brokerage fees and customs that are associated with any purchase.
The rate varies according to the custom policy of destination country. For details you need to contact your local custom department.
7. How can I know if my order got through?
After you submit your order, you will receive order confirmation in your emails. You can also login to see your orders.
8. Having trouble entering an APO or FPO address on our order form
Following these steps should help:
(1).City field: Enter "APO" or "FPO."
(2).State/Province/Region field: Enter the two-letter code for the region where the recipient is stationed. Typically, but not always, the code is "AE" for recipients stationed in Europe, Canada, Africa, or the Middle East; "AA" for recipients stationed in the Americas; and "AP" for recipients stationed in Asia or the Pacific.
(3).Country field: Always select "United States" from the drop-down menu regardless of where the recipient is stationed.
Following these steps will ensure that you're charged the correct shipping amount and that your order will be delivered in a timely fashion. All shipments to APO/FPO addresses are sent via U.S. Priority or First Class Mail. We estimate 5 to 7 business days for delivery once the order has been shipped; however, some destinations may take up to 21 days.
Please note that the following items cannot be shipped to APO/FPO addresses: Apparel, camera and photo items, cell phones and service, computers, most electronics items, hardware, housewares, kitchen items, outdoor living items, software (including games), and tools.
9. I found I entered a wrong address after order submitted. How can I correct it?
After you submit your order, you will receive order confirmation in your emails. By replying to the email, please provide us your correct address. Or you can visit order history and cancel the order. Then reorder with correct address.
10. How can I add/remove/change item(s) in my order?
If your order status has NOT been changed to processed, you can cancel your order by visiting order history. Then reorder with correct items.
Click the button Cancel Items . By selecting the items you would like to cancel with reasons, click Cancel Items . If you select all, your entire order will be canceled. If you select some of the items, those items will be canceled and removed from your order. Your order amount will be adjust when we collect payment.
11. Why there's a handling fee in my order?
For some items, usually small items, you will see a handling fee reminder in the item description. The rate of handling fee will be different for different item. It is charged because your order doesn't meet the minimum order total for that specific item. We will have to pass it through since we actually have small margin out of this kind of item.
12. What is payment method?
On-line orders can be placed using credit cards: Amex card, Master card, Visa card, Discover card and Paypal. You can also send us a check or money order, cash order by mailing address:
Opentip, 337 Reservoir St, Floor 3, Needham Heights, MA 02494.
Please contact us before you do a check or money order, cash order.
13. What Is My Billing Address?
Your billing address is the exact address on file with your bank or credit card company. It is also the address in which the bank or credit card company mails your monthly statements to.
If your billing address happened to be different from your delivery address, make sure you have changed it on the payment page. Your order will be declined otherwise.
14. Do you accept check?
Yes. If you want to send a check, please make it payable to "ATAFA" and mail it to the following address:
Opentip, 337 Reservoir St, Floor 3, Needham Heights, MA 02494.
15. I received an email from my bank right after I placed my order. Does it mean you have charged my card?
We will never charge your card until the order has been shipped out. That email merely indicates that we have obtained authorization to charge your card. It does not mean your card has been charged.
16. Why was my credit card declined?
There are many different reasons why your card payment may have been declined, but we are not informed of the exact reason.
Reasons why your payment may have been declined, include:
- Some of the card/personal details entered do not match the information held by your Card Issuer. Please make sure that the address given exactly matches that to which your card statements are sent and that other information given is correct.
- You do not have enough CLEARED funds on your card to cover the amount of the purchase.
- Your Card Issuer referred the transaction for an authorization code or further identity checks.
- Your card has been reported as lost/stolen and been cancelled by your Card Issuer.
- Your card has or is due to expire and has been replaced by your Card Issuer.
- Your card has recently been replaced by your Card Issuer but not yet activated.
- Your card cannot be used to pay for goods/services in a Cardholder-Not-Present environment (online/over the internet).
- There may be a problem with your Card Issuer’s authorization system if you are sure that none of the reasons above apply to your payment attempt, we recommend that you try again.
However, should the problem persist, please contact your Card Issuer (the phone number may be on the back of the card) to find out further information. After they release your card, feel free to place order online.
17. How to use paypal?
When you choose paypal payment and go to next step, you will be showed the paypal page. Either can you enter credit card on the right side for one time payment, or login to your paypal account if you already have one.
18. I have entered my credit card on the right side for one time payment of paypal, why was my card denied?
PayPal's process for accepting cards is more stringent and complicated. This process helps prevent the use of stolen and unauthorized cards. Since this process is very complex, it does occasionally affect valid cards. The denial of your credit card is not reflective of your credit worthiness. In cases where a valid card fails our system checks, we suggest that you try another credit card in the system, or go to www.paypal.com to create an account and then reorder.
19. How is the amount of tax determined?
Tax is charged for orders shipped to U.S. states, protectorates and territories where sales taxes are applicable. Items sent to APO / FPO military addresses are not subject to taxes. The amount of tax charged is based on current tax rates. Tax will be refunded for returned items.
Before placing order, you can check the tax rate which will be applied to your order through following procedures:
Add the items to your cart --enter your zip code--submit. You will see the tax rate in the total details.
20. I have a tax exemption, how can I have the tax waived from my order?
After you place your order, please fax your completed documents of your exemptions to fax number 267-295-2528, or email us the copy. One of our tax specialists will review your exemption information. Once approved, we will have the tax waived from your order according to your tax exemption. If your request is denied, we will provide the reasons and may request additional information.
21. What can retailer purchase tax exempt?
State law exempts items that are resold in the normal course of business. Items not normally resold in your business but purchased by special request may be taxed by our Web site. For these items, you may contact your state's Department of Revenue to request a refund of tax paid. Items or supplies used to run your business are taxable.
State and local tax rates are subject to change at any time
22. Can I get a discount?
Most of our products have the lowest price wherever you shop around to compare. Normally we do not provide additional discount.
For large orders, feel free to contact us for a quote.
23. I received a coupon code from your email/ forum/packing slip, how can I use it?
You can enter your coupon code on the left of the shopping cart page. Click apply. You will see the discount has been deducted from the total amount.
24. I received a coupon code from my last order, but when I enter the coupon code, it does not work.
After you place order, you will receive an email with 5% coupon code for ONE TIME USE in your next order. If you cancel the current order and place another one for the sole purpose of using this coupon, the discount will not be honored. The coupon code will be expired in 30 days after your current order.
Please make sure your coupon code is used in 30 DAYS after your last order, and your last order should be in status of SHIPPED.
25. I have registered but forgot my password, how can I do?
Click forgotten your password. By entering your email address which you registered, you will receive an email with new password sending to your email address. If you have not received the new password in your email box, please check your spam folder. Use the new password to sign in and change the password if necessary.
26. Opentip Rewards
You earn 5% from referrels when someone clicks through your personal link and completes a purchase.
If you genuinely like Opentip.com or the product, share it with your friends or social networks. If someone purchases it from your referral, you will get 5% reward from that order. The link you share here already includes the code to identify you as a referrer. You can log in to see how many clicks you generate and how much reward you have earned.
Sharing great discovery with your friends is a good deed. They will thank you for that.
- There's no limit to how many rewards you can earn
- If someone purchases it from your referral, You will get rewards after their purchase (after any discounts, gift cards, or other credits are applied) ships.
- When you post to social media sites from Opentip.com, your posts will be treated according to any preferences and/or permissions you may have set on those sites